Pretoria, South Africa – 31st May, 2019 – the wise has departed to make way for the innovative. What used to be International Hotel School Training, Africa’s foremost leader in bespoke training programmes for the hospitality industry, has evolved to meet the needs of a modern business landscape.
We’re proud to introduce Summit to South African business. Summit was born from a need to address the severe skills’ shortages across various key sectors. Having an established team of trainers and like-minded business people that comprise Summit, the transition was a natural evolution to ensure continuity of skills’ development in South Africa.
“Summit is wholly committed to meeting the needs of business in order to address their skills development. We aim to partner with business and add the benefit of operating within the ambit of Black Broad-Based Economic Empowerment (BBBEE). We look for the gaps in skills within an organisation, then design relevant and evergreen training programmes to address and surpass their objectives. Our foundation is stronger than ever before and the need to evolve our brand has stemmed from an understanding of the changing business landscape in South Africa,” replies Summit MD, Matthew Lambert.
Furthermore, Summit is the exclusive training provider to Sun International and has trained over 14,000 people across hospitality, gaming, management and food services programmes. With more than 1,000 learnerships running each year, Summit is making a significant contribution to skills development in our country. Today, both employed and unemployed individuals in various industries are actively contributing to our economy because of training we have designed and implemented in various businesses.
What we offer South African business:
- Casino and Gaming operations training
- Hospitality training
- Food Services
- Management Development
- Work Readiness and New Venture Creation
Summit’s programmes are offered in various ways to suit an organisation and its employees:
- Accredited short learning programmes: 2-5 day courses that support skills and knowledge training integrated with performance assessments.
- Accredited skills programmes: 3-6 month programmes offering intensive, on-the-job training specialising in a specific discipline.
- Professional certification: Summit is the only establishment in South Africa offering Diplomas and Certifications that are recognised by the AHLEI.
- Learnership programmes: A learnership is an integrated and comprehensive learning programme that leads to a qualification registered on the National Qualifications Framework (NQF).
- Trainership: Learners study a higher education qualification whilst being placed in an organisation.
YES and BBBEE
The YES initiative is driven by Government to address unemployment amidst black youth. Summit has committed to this initiative through various training interventions. When business participates they can gain a level or two on their BBBEE scorecard and with the latest amendments to the scorecard, especially in terms of Skills Development, this is a business imperative.
- Full turnkey solution with recruitment
- Tracking your learners’ journeys throughout their training, within your organisation
- Once-off management, evaluation and monitoring fee which can be claimed back in full
- Loading learners onto the YES database
- Equipping each learner with a phablet in order for them to access the YES4Youth App
- The YES4Youth App gives each learner access to modules, declarations and assessments
- Each learner can access the innovative Summit learning eco-system which allows them access to additional programmes for self-learning
Sunel De Coning
National Sales and Operations Manager, Summit.
T: 012 942 5781