As a business where would you find yourself if you’ve just placed a candidate in new leadership position? The assumption often gets made that managers at all levels are expected to perform regardless of formal training, which equips them with the necessary skills to drive the vision and objectives of the business forward. Unfortunately, the oversight to not consider training new managers is an oversight that has a direct impact on your business and team performance.
This can be mitigated through strategic training interventions with an awareness of the possible gaps that exist.
It’s for this reason that Summit realised the need to address the skill- chasm that seems to pervade businesses and employees who find themselves in positions where they need to take on more responsibility without formal training or experience. The Supervisory Skills Basecamp programme is fully accredited and aimed at newly appointed managers, supervisors and team leaders. It has been developed to help achieve sustainable organisational goals with the impetus on improving performance and productivity by exploring the skills and behaviours needed for managing oneself and building high-performing teams.
The Supervisory Skills Basecamp programme focuses on the key challenges faced by every manager and practically illustrates how to address these in a professional environment.
- Managing your own performance and getting work done doesn’t happen without self-reflection and courage to consider your actions and the impact they have on your business.
- Being in a position to identify areas of growth needed in your team, requires you to do the same first.
- Being responsible for someone else’s performance is difficult and takes time and coaching.
- You will develop the skills to identify measurable weekly priorities that improve performance to drive company goals.
- You’ll gain the knowledge of different personality types and learn how to adapt your own communication style to overcome possible challenges.
- Develop the skills to communicate the gap in performance and motivate accordingly.
Why would this course be beneficial?
The individual learns how to shift focus from valuing their own performance, to also valuing their team members’ performances. This is a mind shift that happens over time and the value cannot be quantified. However, through strategic training, the value can be taught and the shift can occur sooner – saving time and ultimately money.
Additionally, the value of effective communications cannot be overstated enough. This is especially true for managers and their teams. The Supervisory Skills Basecamp programme teaches practical tactics to help avoid communication pitfalls, including how to conduct difficult conversations.
Did you know?
Summit uses a PPA profile generated from input received about the learner which in turn enables them to see themselves in a different light. It creates a better understanding of themselves in light of their role as a manager. The benefit lies in the fact that the PPA allows the learner to understand themselves better – by creating a better understanding of self, the learner gains invaluable insights into others. This is one of the most valued skills in the manager’s arsenal.
Our team of content experts are available to answer any questions you may have pertaining to this course. Contact us to find out how your business can benefit.